No Fee

Denver Car Accident FAQ

After being in a car accident, you’ll likely be in a state of shock. It can be confusing to know what steps to take moving forward when you’re simultaneously trying to focus on your physical and emotional recovery.

When someone was responsible for causing the wreck, you may be considering a lawsuit as a way to obtain the compensation you need for recovery. It’s understandable to have questions regarding the legal process if you’ve never filed a lawsuit before. At Justice for Colorado, our goal is to make you feel supported through every step of your claim.

A Denver car accident lawyer can assist you in maximizing your settlement, but in the meantime, we’ve gone ahead and answered some of the most frequently asked questions below. That way, you’ll feel more confident moving forward with your claim.

What if I was partially at fault for my wreck?

In the state of Colorado, you can still file a claim for compensation even if you were partially at fault for causing a car accident, thanks to the modified comparative negligence law. As long as you were less than 50 percent at fault in your wreck, you have the right to obtain compensation for any damages you’ve suffered.

Should I talk to my insurer about my car accident?

You always have the right to speak to your insurance about your accident. However, you aren’t required to accept a settlement from them. It’s likely that they won’t offer you the full amount for the damages that you need because they may not account for non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.

What types of damages can I recover?

When suing the at-fault party in a private lawsuit, you can recover both economic and non-economic damages. These damages may include medical expenses, property damages, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress, and scarring and disfigurement, among others.

Will I have to go to court for my car accident lawsuit?

We always try to settle claims outside of court as a first resort. However, it’s not likely that the defendant’s insurance company will be willing to offer you the total settlement that we demand. Because you deserve the maximum settlement, we’ll prepare to go to court and negotiate on your behalf.

How long do I have to file my car accident claim?

In the state of Colorado, there’s a statute of limitations of two years for personal injury claims. This means you’ll have two years from the date that your car accident occurred to file a lawsuit.

Reach Out to a Denver Car Accident Attorney

You’ll likely have other questions specific to your case once you decide to move forward and obtain compensation through the legal system. If you’d like to discuss your case in greater detail with a Denver car accident lawyer from Justice for Colorado, call 303-647-9691 or fill out the contact form below to schedule a free consultation.

Start Live Chat With Our Team? yes No